Common gynecologic diagnostic procedures:
- A procedure that allows for visualization of cervical and vaginal tissue by magnification.
- Acetic acid can be used to visualize areas considered abnormal which require biopsy
- Dilation of the cervix and curettage, by a metal tool with the goal of removing polyps and other procedures
3.) Endocervical curettage
- Using curette to remove cervical tissue.
- Used to diagnosis dysplasia and cancer
4.) Endometrial biopsy
- A process of removing areas of tissue.
- A small scope or camera that can be passed through the cervix.
- Visualization, biopsy, and tissue removal can be preformed
- An injection into the cervix to improve visualization due to a particular dye. (radiopaque)
- Typically used to assess fertility difficulties.
- The passing of a scope or camera into the abdomen or pelvic cavity through a small surgical incision in the skin.
- Improves diagnostic capabilities and the treatment of many conditions