Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble Vitamin that is essential for the functioning of several organs. This is a very complex vitamin structurally and are a combination of cobalt and a corring ring. It is involved in the metabolism needs of every cell of the human body.
Especially affects DNA synthesis, Fatty acid metabolism, Amino acid metabolism, and more. No animals, plants, or fungus are able of producing Vitamin B12.
Only bacteria and archaea have the enzymes needed. Bacteria are required for the initial structure but additional transformation can occur in humans
Some forms of this vitamin can be formed to be used as supplements and in some pharmaceutical preparations. This vitamin can only be absorbed in the ileum. It must be attached to intrinsic factor produced in cells in the Stomach.
– Some vegetables
– Some mushrooms
– Cellular metabolism
– Helps in fatty acid synthesis
– Improves the function of energy production
– Can regenerate folate found in the body
– Acts as a coenzyme
– Potentially severe damage
– Loss of memory
– GI problems
– Neurological problems
– A serious concern of B12 deficiency
– Initially was a fatal consequence
– A cure was discovered by accident
– Is also closely associated with intrinsic factor