Amitiza is a medication with a use for constipation
Typically use of this medication for constipation is more for those with chronic issues.
Such other conditions are Irritable Bowel Syndrome when constipation is more often seen.
Method of Action:
– Increases the activity of chloride channels in the intestines
– This will causes increased fluid with chloride molecules
– This will soften the stool
– Increases bowel movements
– No tolerance to medication
– Dependency is not typically seen
– No adverse effects with regards to electrolytes
– Abdominal bloating or distension
– Abdominal pain
*** – do not take if having a GI obstruction