It is a rare medical condition that is often involved as as an autoimmune disease.
Is when the immune system attacks the Goodpasture antigen causing the destruction.
This antigen is often found in the kidney and lungs.
Occurs more often in men in their 30s and 40s.
- Damage can be severe
- May occur quickly
- May become anemic
- May cause a form of nephritis
- May ocucur quickly
- Acute renal failure may result
- Coughing of blood [hemoptysis]
- Pain with breathing
- Blood in urine [hematuria]
- and others
- Kidney biopsy is helpful
- Blood test identifying anti-GBM is useful
- Antibiotics in some individuals
Kidney transplant is rare cases