What are Organs and Glands?
– Are a collection of tissues that become a unit in structure and function.
– Organs can be found in all biological organisms.
– When Two or more organs work together – it becomes an organ system.
– A hollow organ is a visceral organ that forms a hollow tube or pouch, such as the Stomach, Intestine, or Bladder.
– Are tissues in an animal’s body that synthesizes a substance.
– There are many different types of substances or hormones can be produced.
– They are then secreted into neighboring tissue or the blood stream depending on the potential use.
– Some of the organs and glands are quite large while others are amazingly small.
Below is a list of some of the more important organs and glands:
|Pineal Body||Pituitary Gland||Prostate|
|Testes||Urethra – Female||Urethra – Male|