Typically metastases spreads to the lungs from cancers in the other part of the body.
Technically almost any type of cancer can “move” to the lungs.
The cancer “arrives” to the lungs by the pulmonary artery
Usually this stage of cancer is very severe
Likely associated cancers could be:
- Skin (malignant melanoma)
- Breasts or Breast Cancer
- Cervix or Cervical Cancer
- And others
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of weight
- * symptoms are often not very specific
- Imaging, and even labs are important.
- Dependence is high on finding the original tumor or neoplasm
- Surgical resection of the lung tumor is often required in individuals who can handle surgery.
- If more than one tumor is present in the lungs, an increase in difficultly arises with surgical resection.
- Palliative care may be appropriate