Vitamin B3 is also called Niacin or Nicotinic Acid. It is formed from pyridine plus a carboxyl group. It is a water-soluble vitamin.
Deficinecy of niacin can lead to pellagra.
As a supplement, this Vitamin may help improve arthritis pains, lower cholesterol, and boost brain function.
It can act as an antioxidant and plays a role in cellular development.
– Several vegetables
– Several fruits
– Some seeds
– Can be used in much higher doses: 1000mg – 200mg a few times a day
– It can block the breakdown of fats
– It can help decrease cholesterol
– The side effects include skin flushing and itching
– Excess amounts can cause toxic reactions