Vitamin E is referred to when discussing a group of fat-soluble vitamins of a similar structure.
Vitamin E is found naturally in some foods, added to others. In other cases, it can be added to the diet through dietary supplements.
Vitamin E is often used to prevent and repair cell and tissue damage during radiation therapy.
It can be used along with Evening Primrose Oil to reduce breast pain. The use of vitamin E in the treatment of some cancers is beneficial.
Vitamin E may promote tumor susceptibility of ionizing radiation during some cancer treatment.
Vitamin E deficiency is rare but can occur.
– Antioxidant function
– Enzymatic activities
– Gene expression
– Some people use vitamin E for preventing diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
– This includes chest pain, Hypertension, Blocked Arteries, and even Heart Attack.
– With Diabetes it can be used to help treat complications.
– Currently, more information is being considered for use in Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, and other dementia.
Women’s Health Uses
Broken down into 2 types:
1.) Tocopherols [4 total]
2.) Tocotrienols [4 total]
– Vegetable oils
– Wheat germ
– Cell membrane protection from breakdown
– Neuron protection
– Prevention of cancer
– Decrease cholesterol
Excess use may lead to heart defects during pregnancy and excess use may be restricted during pregnancy